Stage 3. Culture and Organisation Setup
9. Legal and ethical policy considerations in hand
The Legal and ethical toolkit provides resources to help you review relevant policies and develop a learning analytics policy.
10. Decision on learning analytics products to pilot
Revisit the Learning analytics discovery toolkit to check you have considered the options.
and the following may be useful to help you decide
- ▪ Selecting a learning analytics product
- ▪ The Jisc learning analytics puchasing service provides a list of suppliers who have joined this framework and a buyers guide to use the service.
11. Senior management approval and scope of learning analytics project/pilot
You may need to develop a business case to gain senior management support.You will find the Learning Analytics Security FAQ useful in supporting your case to stakeholders.
12. Jisc order and service agreement signed (if required) and/or contracts with suppliers
Follow these instructions to sign-up to the Jisc service and to view the Service Agreement terms and conditions
- ▪ List of institutional policies relevant to learning analytics
- ▪ Plan to update/create policies to cover learning analytics
- ▪ A documented list of products with an agreed rational for choice(s) of solutions
- ▪ A business case/plan to convince senior managers
- ▪ Signed order for Jisc learning analytics service (if required)
- ▪ Contract third party supplier products (if required)
- ▪ List of student groups/cohorts and numbers of students involved