Jisc's Learning Analytics Service
Jisc has developed a learning analytics architecture and implemented a learning analytics service which are part of the Jisc Data and Analytics service
Users looking to implement learning analytics may find it useful to start with the Learning Analytics On-boarding Guide.
These documentation pages provide:
- ▪ An overview of learning analytics, the architecture and the service
- ▪ Technical and user documentation of the core elements of the architecture and service.
- ▪ Toolkits and guides to support users of the service (see below)
- ▪ A guide for suppliers looking to integrate with the service
- ▪ An introduction to learning analytics - video
- ▪ What do we mean by learning analytics
- ▪ Overview of Jisc Learning Analytics Architecture
- ▪ The Learning Analytics Community - email list, blog, network meetings
- ▪ Learning Analytics Resources - reports, guides, learning resources and toolkits
Overview of the core products and roadmaps that provide timescales for new features and releases.
- ▪ Learning Data Hub and Learning Data Hub roadmap including data standards and plugins
- ▪ Data Explorer and details of the Data Explorer roadmap
- ▪ Study Goal and details of the Study Goal roadmap
- ▪ Predictive Modelling: Learning Analytics Predicator See Predictive Modelling Guide
- ▪ Rule Based Risk: Traffic Light Calculator
Other products (not yet core service)
- ▪ Data Aggregator
- ▪ Consent Service (to be developed)
- ▪ Attendance Check-in event tracking via Study Goal - see video under Study Goal for overview.
Suppliers and contractors
- ▪ Tribal Student Insight (integrated with Jisc service)
- ▪ See the Learning Analytics Purchasing Service for details of other supplier products and services.
- ▪ Contractors working with the Jisc learning analytics service
Data Collection Toolkit
- ▪ How to get data in/out of the Learning Data Hub
- ▪ How often is data processed for the Learning Data Hub?
Data and API Standards
UDD Data Transformation Toolkit
Toolkits and Guides
Information, guides and model documents to help you get started with learning analytics.
- ▪ Onboarding process and checklist
- ▪ Discovery toolkit
- ▪ Legal and ethical toolkit
- ▪ How to sign up to the Jisc learning analytics service
- ▪ Learning Analytics Security FAQ
- ▪ Predictive Modelling Guide - provides an overview of the TrafficLight Rule Based Indicators in Data Explorer and the Jisc Predictive Modelling Tool
- ▪ Implementation and Interventions Toolkit (available soon)
Jisc Learning Analytics Purchasing Service
- ▪ Learning Analytics Purchasing Service - guide for buyers or joining the service
- ▪ List of currents suppliers with brief descriptions of services offered
Information for Suppliers
- ▪ Getting Involved - a suppliers guide - see Learning Analytics Purchasing Service above