Data Explorer is part of the Jisc Learning Analytics Architecture.
It provides a data visualisation tools for users of the learning analytics service. Data explorer is intended as a tool for staff to view learning analytics data about students, modules and courses, and provides this tools:
- ▪ Technical tools to view the data in the learning records warehouse
- ▪ Overview tools to view visualisations of data across an institution
- ▪ Tools for tutors
User Guides and Videos
Release Version 2.0 August 2018
A new release of Data Explorer is available to institutions who are implementing the Jisc service. This new version for August 2018 will include
- ▪ New overall design and user interface
- ▪ Faculty, department and course level views of overall indicators for students.
- ▪ Ability to set the status of students, allowing tutors and those with cross-faculty roles to manageinterventions with students.
- ▪ The ability to records Notes (previously referred to as ‘interventions’ against students.
- ▪ Version 2.0 of Traffic Light Calculator, allowing finer control of calculations.
- ▪ Data Explorer Tutor Guide for Release v2.0 (available August 2018)
Release Version 1.0 August 2017
- ▪ Data Explorer Tutor Guide v0.13 - pdf
- ▪ Data Explorer Tutor Overview - video
- ▪ Data Explorer Module Overview - video
Raising issue or feature requests
If you find an error or have a suggestion for the Data Explorer then email analytics support